Paraphernalia is another one of those tricky words.
- Drug paraphernalia is any object that is designed to use, make, or conceal illegal drugs. (About.com)
- A hockey player’s paraphernalia includes various pieces of protective padding. (Vocabulary.com)
- Companies like Toddy are known for making cold-water brewing paraphernalia. (Treehugger.com)
- When referring to personal belongings, paraphernalia is plural.
- When referring to “equipment, apparatus, or furnishing used in or necessary for particular activity,” paraphernalia is singular.
Photo credit: Zeebox